Need an easy, cost effective meal for weeknight dinners? BBQ Chicken Tostadas are the perfect choice. This meal is healthy, quick, and tasty. My sister enjoys them so much that she requested them for her birthday. Did I mention that there are only 4 ingredients?
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (mine is Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1 box of Ortega Fiesta Flats
- 1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
Let’s get started on our easy BBQ Chicken Tostadas:
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- Bring a medium pot of water to a rapid boil.
- Add chicken breasts and boil for 25-30 minutes.
- Drain chicken on a plate with paper towels and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add BBQ sauce to taste and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- Place Fiesta Flats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Assemble the flats with the shredded BBQ chicken and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 3 minutes allowing the cheese to melt and the flats to warm. Serve immediately.
One reason I love this meal is that its low maintenance. The majority of the cook time is bringing water to a boil and allowing the chicken to cook. Meanwhile, you are able to help the kids with homework or get things done around the house. My hope is that providing this quick and easy recipe will allow you to redeem the time you spend in the kitchen and put it towards quality time with your family. Enjoy!