My husband and I fell in love with Butter Chicken and Chicken Tikki Masala at a local Indian restaurant, Tandoori Nights. We enjoyed the meals so much, I wanted to make them at home instead of waiting for date night. I found a delicious line of Indian sauces, Patak's, at Giant food stores. Suddenly, Indian meals became a lot easier, cheaper, and faster. The recipe below is for Chicken Tikki Masala Curry but if you rather make Butter Chicken just substitute Patak's Butter Chicken sauce for Patak's Tikki Masala Curry sauce.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups dry white rice
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 jar of Patak's Tikki Masala Curry sauce
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 pkg. Stonefire Original Naan bread
- Cook 2 cups of dry rice with 2 cups of water in a rice cooker or according to rice package instructions on the stovetop. My rice cooker took about 30 minutes to cook the rice.
- Rinse and cut the chicken into 1 inches cubes and cook in a skillet with the vegetable oil over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. The chicken is done when it becomes golden brown and the oil and moisture cooks out.
- Drain the chicken on a plate lined with paper towels. After draining, add the chicken back to the skillet and pour Patak's Tikki Masala Curry Sauce over the meat. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is simmering, warm the Naan bread in the microwave or oven.
- Plate the Chicken Tikki Masala Curry over the white rice and serve the Naan bread on the side.
I hope you enjoy a delicious Indian meal from the comforts of home. If you decide to make this meal, leave a comment sharing how it turned out or share any variations you tried.