Now this Mexican Chicken Chili recipe has become a family favorite and a common staple in our meal rotation. We love this chili recipe so much that I always double the recipe and it can definitely feed a crowd. However, the ingredients listed below are for a single batch for about 4-6 people. The chili is a crowd pleaser, even our friends enjoy chicken chili night. Please make sure to use all the fixings. Don’t be stingy! You can tell by the photo, I always top my chili with shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 jar thick and chunky salsa (Chi Chi’s mild is our favorite!)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can of black beans (drained)
- 1 can of pinto beans (drained)
- 1 can of whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add to boneless, skinless chicken breast boiling for 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the water and cool on a plate lined with paper towels for about 10 minutes while you prep the chili.
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients and stir well. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally while you shred the chicken.
- Use 2 forks to shred the chicken breasts. Remove any fat from the shredded chicken.
- Add the shredded chicken to the pot of chili and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately and add desired toppings.
Who can deny hot chicken chili with shredded cheese that melts instantly and is topped with cool sour cream. Then add in the crunchy texture of tortilla chips, this recipe never fails. Leave a comment and let me know how your recipe turns out. You could even post a picture and share it with me on Twitter @AshleyBHinkle. Please subscribe to my blog for more foodie updates and interesting articles from Ashley Hinkle!
This recipe is adapted from Mexican Two Bean Chili from Pampered Chef.