You know a meal is delicious when you stop to take a photo to document the moment and you start listing the ingredients to make it yourself at home. We made some new friends recently and they invited us to their home for dinner. You can tell I'm pressed on this meal because I came right home after our dinner date to write this blog post.
The Vietnamese Rice Wraps were not only very tasty, they were super healthy. The wraps were really fun to make! Each of us filled our own rice paper and rolled it like a burrito. This interactive meal created a casual environment with plenty of conversation starters. I highly recommend making this meal for your family and friends!
Vietnamese Rice Wraps
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 pkgs. rice wraps
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 lb. pork belly (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 avocados (thinly sliced)
- 3 carrots (shaved)
- 2 cucumbers (thinly sliced)
- Spring mix salad
- 3 tbsp. Vegetable oil
- Garlic Hoisin sauce
- Sriracha or other hot sauce (optional)
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet and cook the pork belly over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, flipping after 5 minutes. Meanwhile, shred the rotisserie chicken and place on a plate.
- Thinly slice the avocado and cucumber lengthwise. Shave the carrots and assemble the vegetables on a platter.
- Prepare a bowl of hot water and place on the table along with the vegetable platter, chicken, pork belly, rice paper, and sauces.
- Wet your sheet of rice paper in the bowl of water and place it flat on your plate. Fill your rice paper with the meat and veggies adding the Hoisin sauce and/or hot sauce.
- Roll your filled sheet of rice paper into a wrap (like folding a burrito) and enjoy!
The Hoisin sauce really makes this dish! I hope this post has encouraged you to try something new. After all, these fresh ingredients can't be beat! If you decide to try this recipe, leave a comment sharing how it went and what you put inside your rice wrap.